Meet BFC’s Senior Vice President Lisa Matta in our quick, “5 Questions” interview series:
What is your favorite thing about working at BFC?
- I love working at Business Finance Capital. We really focus on being SBA specialists.
What did you do prior to joining the BFC team?
- I have been in the banking industry for more than 20 years, and have worked at several large banks during my career. I’ve held titles such as BDO, RM, and Sales/Market Manager, but I’ve always tended to gravitate towards the SBA Program and commercial real estate.
How do you go about solving complex problems on behalf of your clients?
- Even though every transaction varies, I like to draw on my years of experience when it comes to facing obstacles. In addition, BFC has very experienced underwriters. They roll up their sleeves and get into the complexities of each file. We all work collectively on how to get the file approved.
What’s something you want potential clients to know about BFC?
- Prior to joining BFC when I was a banker, I had the choice of many CDCs to work with. However, I always found that BFC had the quickest turnaround times and the best underwriting to obtain SBA approvals for our clients. That’s why I choose to join this company!
What’s a perfect day in SoCal for you?
- I love traveling and spending times with friends. We go camping throughout the area in our RV quite a bit, and I really enjoy playing a nice round of golf when time permits.